Monday, January 18, 2010

Do you think all these recent cases of women being accosted at airports while traveling alone is on purpose...

to scare women into not traveling alone?


Recently I've heard of at least three cases of this, two separate cases of women traveling alone with children being harrassed and even in the one case of the babbleing toddler left stranded at an airport with no money ect and now a woman has died in police custody after being denied to get on her flight at an airport. Is this an effort to force women to travel in groups or with a man?Do you think all these recent cases of women being accosted at airports while traveling alone is on purpose...
I don't think it's an organized conspiracy by the travel industry, however, things like the police busting the Senator for lewd behavioe in the toilet make sense. As a small decent looking man I have been appeoached by men like that since I was a kid. For the life of me I can't see where anyone can get hot while in a smelly toilet, but thats where it usually happens. Guys leave messages on the walls and do the foot under the stall thing. I won't even go to a public toilet unless I am about to burst a kidney.





It must be 100x worse for a woman. Men who travel know where security is lax at airports and truckstops and rest areas a woman an kids would make an easy target.





I rarely let my wife travel alone she carpools and I drive her to work if it's a late night meeting or something, I don't trust anybody at any public facility. Be careful, know where you are and let people know where you are. Carry mace and something as a weapon that is legal. And like your mother said ';Don't talk to strangers.';





It's a dirty world and it's not getting any cleamerDo you think all these recent cases of women being accosted at airports while traveling alone is on purpose...
no. women are harassed in ALL areas of life, not just traveling. look at that woman suing for sex harassment on the job, spending her days being called the b word then getting fired for squeeling.
I agree with Dr. Zipper 2U, a few isolated cases have gotten media attention lately and we (American culture) are having our normal reaction of freaking out about it.
Absolutely not. This happens because of the anti-terrorist stance this country has taken. It's not anti-woman . . . it's anti-everybody!
I seriously doubt it. If it was a concerted effort, people would talk and it would get in the press.


It's just the attention of the media focusing on things.... This country's attention span is short and knee jerk reaction to the ';flavor of the week';. I think it's always been potentially dangerous for women %26amp; children to travel alone (unfortunatly), but now it's just getting scruitiny.
Please cite your sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment