Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Do I need to have protective injections for travelling to Manila Philippine just in case?

I will only be visiting the city, but I am not too sure if I need to be protected just in case.Do I need to have protective injections for travelling to Manila Philippine just in case?
I got all my injections. The only ones that I would say to do for sure is get your HepA and HepB shots. its a custom on filipinos where you share glasses of alcohol for comraderie sake. Also, I do not know where you are eating and such so you ';might'; go to a place where there are safe cooking practices. Personally I have never gotten sick eating at any canteen and such so I just use common sense. The other shots are recommended are japanese encephalites (this its totally uncessary) and the Dengeue Fever shot. (another one not needed unless you are gonna go deep in a province..which you are not) And as far as your Malaria goes, just takes the pills if you happen to get it. I never had a problem with mosquitos. Heck, I dont even think I got 1 mosquito bite since I been here.Do I need to have protective injections for travelling to Manila Philippine just in case?
Do it just in case.





The cities are fine but I remember once I got sick and had to stay in hospital for a week when I visited the Philippines a long time ago. Once I was at the hospital the IV needle broke and I bled out for 3 minutes before someone came to help me. Needless to say it wasn't the best experience haha.
This is silly. I had been living in United States and Canada for more than 20 years and every time I go home I just go home without any vaccine nor injection.


The same with other people I know who go to the Philippines from time to time and I have never heard of them getting vaccination.





For one thing... anti tetanus is a good thing to always have because scratches and tiny wounds are unavoidable. But for any other disease this is pure paranoia.





Go get H1N1 vaccine if you wish to, however, take this as a warning.. FOX NEWS: revealed by a doctor specialized in vaccination that H1N1 vaccine do more harm than what it is meant for cure.





Just thought you should know..
The city is where you find disease due to the proximity of host carriers.


We catch cold in the winter because we group up in warm crowded rooms like theaters and church.


I never took shots and have been here more than 3 years. Haven't caught worse than the sniffles.
Yes. It's advisable, just in case.
there's always an advisory from where you will be coming from. but just to be sure check this website www.doh.gov.ph (its the department of health) they may have some local advisory.

No comments:

Post a Comment