Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a v1 visa and want to travel abroad. I have a 10 year v1 visa and a pending case for permanent res?

Im married to a permanent resident. I have a pending case for permanent residency. Can I travel abroad to europe and reenter the states without problems.I have a v1 visa and want to travel abroad. I have a 10 year v1 visa and a pending case for permanent res?
As a V-1 to re-enter the U.S. you have to have a valid unexpired passport, a valid V-1 visa, and a valid I-94 (the permit). The form I-94 should be good for two years or the validity of the passport. You also need to have evidence that you have summated the I-485 with a notice of action, I-797.





If you have not file the I-185 you need to do it. You can find the instructions and the form in this link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/m鈥?/a>








Good luck!!!I have a v1 visa and want to travel abroad. I have a 10 year v1 visa and a pending case for permanent res?
All aliens applying under section 235 of the Act for admission to the United States at a port-of-entry as a V nonimmigrant must have a visa in the appropriate category. You will also need a passport valid for a minimum of six months from the expiration date of the comtemplated period of stay.





An alien who applies for and obtains V nonimmigrant status in the United States will be issued Form I-797, Notice of Action, indicating the alien鈥檚 V status in the United States. Form I-797 does not serve as a travel document. If such an alien departs the United States, he or she must obtain a V visa from a consular office abroad in order to be readmitted to the United States as a V nonimmigrant.





An alien in V nonimmigrant status with a pending Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) that was properly filed with the Service does not have to obtain advance parole in order to prevent the abandonment of that application when the alien departs the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment