Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Photographers...Choosing the right Pelican Case for Travel...?

I own a Nikon D80, an Sb-600 speedlight, a Tokina 12-24mm WA lens, an 18-55G zoom lens, and various extras like filters, remotes, a mini tripod, sd cards, and plan on purchasing 2 additional lenses i.e., a 35mm prime, and a 70-300 tele. I have decided to purchase a pelican protector case, since my tamrac soft case is inadequate for travel. can anyone advise me on which size would be most adequate for the gear i currently own, and possibly for the lenses i plan to buy soon? foam or dividers, or both? I had seen a pelican 1520 with dividers and foam, but am unsure what size i need to effectively hold my gear. thanks.Photographers...Choosing the right Pelican Case for Travel...?
You will have to try it out.





When you say travel, are you planning on checking the camera at the airport? Do Not Do That.





Always carry your cameras as carry on. I use a generic backpack to hold my two Nikon's, three lenses and flash. It does not scream ';Steal me, I have cameras'; I gave up using any kind of hard case when they stopped letting me lock them after 9/11





If I have to have special lighting or a view camera on the shoot, I UPS it to my location and then send it back the same way ... the client pays.

No comments:

Post a Comment